I Still Haven't Find What I'm Looking For...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Films!

Welcome to the Oscar race. While nominations are yet to be announced, the never-ending talks for these movies might predict the whole set (remember how films like Brokeback Mountain, Little Miss Sunshine, No Country For Old Men, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Slumdog Millionaire were lobbied on their respective years?).

Among the films in buzz, I already saw Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds.



I watched it alone (as in I'm the only one inside the cold theater) while my friends saw Avatar. It was the 23rd of December and I felt that I can still see Avatar come January. If I have time, I'll write a comprehensive review on Inglourious but as of now I can only say MAGNIFICENT as a reaction. Give the film, its creators and the actors  the nomination!

Here are the other films that I still need to watch:
1. The Hurt Locker Directed by Kathryn Bigelow




Watch the trailer here.

2. Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire Directed by Lee Daniels



Trailer:




3. The White Ribbon. Directed by Michael Haneke


I think the whole film is already posted in YouTube by user TheCoffeeater, but I'll still look for a DVD. Here's a part of it:




4. A Single Man. Directed by Tom Ford

Yup, you read that write. Tom Ford, the fashion designer. Homoeroticism at its best!


Trailer:

\

5. Up In The Air. Directed by Jason Reitman

The same director who brought us Thank You For Smoking and Juno is here again!


Trailer:



Watch for my reviews of these films soon!

1 comment:

  1. I've always liked Colin Firth and I'm curious about how he's going to play Tom Ford, so "A Single Man" is a sure thing. "Up In The Air" looks good, too. I look forward to your reviews :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers